Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Dragging My Feet

Usually when it comes to technology, I'm not the person making excuses for why something won't work, complaining about why I don't have time to be bothered, or shuddering at the constant need to keep up with change.  On the contrary, I am quite the opposite of said behaviors.  If something isn't working the way I believe it is supposed to work, I find a way.  I stay up late (too late) investigating all of the new resources popping up each day.  I LOVE the evolution of technology and seek out the newest tools and updates.  


SO WHY AM I FINDING IT SO DIFFICULT TO GET MOVING WITH EBOOKS?


Truly, what is the issue?  I wish I knew!  The Nooks are charged, barcoded, and ready for action.  People are waiting to check them out.  And yet... I'm dragging my feet.  I wish I could say that it was difficult to download books - it's not.  I wish I could say that nobody is interested in reading ebooks - they are.  I wish I could say... I can't come up with one good reason why I haven't set the Nooks free.


I don't really believe in New Year's resolutions and don't make them in my personal life.  However, professionally, an intervention is needed.  Therefore, I resolve to jump feet first into downloading high interest ebooks and circulating the Nooks.


I have set a goal to have the 5 Library Nooks ready for circulation by the start of the new semester.  This deadline gives me approximately 2 weeks to get my act together and embrace the ebook revolution.


HOLD ME TO IT, PEOPLE!  Don't let me off the hook!

No comments:

Post a Comment