Friday, April 1, 2011

Poetry!

IT'S NATIONAL POETRY MONTH!  I guess since I'm an English teacher and librarian, I'm a bit more excited to celebrate than most.  But hey, celebrations are fun no matter the shape or size.  I've decked out the library with poetry trees, posters, and all sorts of poetry books.  This afternoon the Free Verse Project Gallery will go on display.  I hope more students will decide to participate throughout the month of April!  Check out the virtual gallery @ http://elcohighschoollibrary.wikispaces.com/Free+Verse+Project+Virtual+Gallery!  Digital free verse creations can be sent to me @ atempleton@elcosd.org.



The library is also hosting a tweeting party.  Be the 100th follower of the library @ELCOHSLIBRARY and receive a sweet treat.  The contest is open to all ELCO students, staff, faculty, and administration during the month of April.

That's all for now.  Come to the library and PICK A POEM off a poetry tree.  READ IT, BE INSPIRED, SHARE IT, INSPIRE!

No comments:

Post a Comment