Thursday, March 31, 2011

"What's in a name?"

I decided to take my library blog and migrate to blogger.  Why?  Change is good.  It makes us stronger and keeps us on our toes.  Plus I like all of the features that blogger has to offer.  So, even though all of the posts look like they were written today (March 31), I've really been blogging since the beginning of the school year.  One small glitch I'm willing to accept with the switch to blogger.

That leaves me to explain the change in the blog's title.  Originally I came up with the title, The Book Binder, not because I bind a lot of books, but simply because I liked the sound of it.  It seemed to have a nice ring to it.  However, I've realized that this title just simply isn't accurate for the type of librarian that I consider myself to be.  Actually, it's rather limiting.  So... new blog title.  The Unconventional Librarian.  I think this, too, has a special ring to it.  But more important than that, it is far more accurate to who I am as a librarian.

I definitely am not the stereotypical librarian that most of the general population imagines.  I don't have my hair wrapped tightly in a bun - my hair is short.  I don't wear reading glasses propped on the edge of my nose with a protective string attached to ensure I don't lose them - I have 20/20 vision.  I don't tiptoe around the library spouting "SHHHH" - I like a bustling library with noise and activity.  I LOVE books, but I love technology equally as much.  This leads to me to be rather non-traditional or... unconventional.

Ok, so now you know why the switch to blogger and why the name change.  Now it's back to business.  April 1 begins a busy month for the library!  It's National Poetry Month and School Library Month.  Lots to prepare for and get excited about in the next few weeks.

Until my next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment