Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A Thankful Librarian

It's almost here... Thanksgiving break!  I have so much to be thankful for in my personal life, but what about professionally?  Yep, professionally as well.  I LOVE WHAT I DO!  Growing up, I never imagined myself as a librarian.  I ALWAYS had the career goal of being an English teacher.  For 11 years, I taught English in the traditional sense of literature and writing.  When I transitioned to the library last year, I feared I would lose touch with the very things that I loved the most about my subject area... sharing great pieces of literature and developing the skills of young writers. Thankfully, I still have the opportunity, on a daily basis, to share with students elements of literature and to assist students in growing as writers.  In addition, there are so many other reasons to be thankful.


  • I am thankful for my colleagues who support my efforts to bring 21st century learning to our students.
  • I am thankful for the students who have discovered the library and realize it is a welcoming environment with many resources available to them.
  • I am thankful for abundance of free resources available that make building a 21st century library possible despite difficult economic times.
  • I am thankful for my PLN that continually inspires me to continue to strive for change and advancement in the library and the way we educate our students.
  • I am thankful for the opportunity to do what I love!


In this season of giving thanks, what are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment