Thursday, May 19, 2011

It Really Works!

I received exciting news yesterday!  The Donors Choose project that I created on behalf of the library was fully funded!  I was ecstatic reading the notification.  In designing my first Donors Choose project, skepticism loomed in my mind.  Do people really have a generous spirit?  Do they really go in search of charitable opportunities?  Yesterday's notification provided me with the answer!  Some people really do care about education and are willing to open their wallets to prove it!

The Donors Choose project will supply the library with 2 new flip video cameras for students to use to develop projects and support their classroom work.  They will arrive prior to the start of the 2011-12 school year.  I'm so excited that the library will be able to offer more resources for students to use.  And now it's time to develop a new Donors Choose project.  I can't wait to submit a new idea and see the generosity of our community.  I also can't wait to see the students in action, using the resources provided from this Donors Choose project.  Next year already proves to be an exciting year in the library and for our students.

As soon as my next Donors Choose project is available, I will post a link to it here, as well as on the elcohslibrary twitter page.

No comments:

Post a Comment